01 October 2008

SMI Primary School Opening Ceremony

Hihi... update my blog again....
4 days ago, Michaelian Military Band had a opening ceremony function at SMI Primary School.
On that day, I reached school at 12 something and had some warming up with my instrument...
Then, I wore my band uniform to get ready for the function.....
At 2.40 something, all the band member including me had to fall in in the basketball court. This is because we need to wait for the VIP to come... the VIP was Brother Vincent Corkery. He wiil come at 3.oo pm sharp.
But the day was so hot and one accident had happen... that was some of our band Muslim boys had fainted...this is because the puasa and need to stand under the hot sun around 15-20 minutes.... and the VIP came late a bit around 10 minutes late....
After the VIP came, the Michaelian Wushu Club invited the VIP by 2 Chinese lion...
Then, it was our band performance.... we just played Aztec Fire....
After that, they went in the school hall.... only we had a long rest in the new SMI primary school building.... it was nice and big....
After rest about 30 minutes "I think la...", we need to perform again...
This time, we perform 2 songs... they were Tanah Pusaka and Wawasan 2020....
Then, we played again Aztec Fire for so fun....
After that, we had took a group photo by Brother Matthew...
Then, we had a high tea in the school hall... "high tea really a high tea... no more when I went in there... only drinks for me.... Haiz.. so cham....
Then, took the same bus home with Soo Kok Keat aka my friend since primary school. He also the president of the MCO....
Besides that, on the way waiting the bus... I saw my cousin.... she just standing opposite of us...
she went back first because her bus came first... then only our bus came....
At last I went back home at 6 something...

Prepare to move...

Performing Aztec Fire in the basketball court....
Our performance watching by the VIP....Our Band group photo in SMI new primary schoolHigh Tea Time..."But not for me.... Haiz....."

1 comment:

Peter Khiew said...

Congratulations boys and thank you for the hard and tedious work. The band boys are a committed lot and I salute all of you. My apology to all of you for not getting enough food that day. Nevertheless, you guys performed splendidly. The music was strong and impacted the occasion powerfully.