05 May 2011

To Pangkor Island Again Through Marina Island...

A new month of May, a new post of the month... Today, here I am updating my blog again with a place that you all very familiar because almost every year I also update this place, Pangkor Island... This is because Pangkor Island was my hometown and today still the same, updating about it....


Back to 1st of May 2011, it was a Labour Day... Early morning about 9 pm, got a surprise call from my aunt... She called me to ask me and my brother to join her back to Pangkor Island... At first, I wasn't willing to go but then I agreed... I wasn't willing to go because felt boring but I agreed because my aunt said that we go to Pangkor Island through the new jetty, The Marina Island Jetty...


A short story about Marina Island... Marina Island Pangkor is one of Malaysia's premier man-made islands, which are being built on the coast of Teluk Muruh, opposite Pangkor Island and Pangkor Laut, in the state of Perak, Malaysia. The project which is being developed by Marina Sanctuary Resort Sdn Bhd, is reclaimed from the sea with total area of 316.9 acres, 400 meters from the mainland's shoreline.


Normally to go to Pangkor Island, we had to take ferry from Lumut Jetty and it takes about 30 minutes to reach Pangkor Island but now we have Marina Island, we just have to take ferry from Marina Island Jetty and it just takes us about 10 minutes to reach Pangkor Island... That's so fast and no need to have a long journey...


So, this was my 1st time to Marina Island... First impression, a word can represent NICE!!! Took some photos there and we had our short drinks at Secret Recipe there... Before that, my aunt called me to come with her to Pangkor Island because she don't know the way to Marina Island so asked me to become her driver... Journey to Pangkor Island and back to Ipoh, I was the driver... As a long distance driver is a very tiring job to do...


At Pangkor Island, still the same like the past days, stay at relatives house and having dinner together... I also found out a history about Pangkor Island... A photo show the history... Besides that, we went to the beach too... On that day, there are many tourists visit Pangkor Island and the beach... Took some photos there...


During the night on the 1st of May, I got an good news saying that the next day we can have a tour around Pangkor Island, visit the Golden Beach and stand a chance to play sea parachute... The next day, the luck isn't on our side because the sky cried... All the good news suddenly become bad news... Therefore, plans changed to chit-chatting the all morning until afternoon with relatives...


After that, about the time 1pm, journey to Sitiawan... We went to Tesco, Sitiawan with relatives and have our lunch there... About the time said 4.30pm, me as the driver were the time to drive our journey back to ipoh and reached home about 6pm... That's my journeys...

That's all about my journeys about the 1st and 2nd of May 2011
Tomorrow will had a very short update..
stay tuned..
~out~

No comments: