14 July 2013

Penang Trip ( Back to May )

Back again in blogging after lazying for a month. There are still plenty of posts that I yet to update. Here am I update a post about a trip during my May semester break with my university mates on the 10th till 13th of May. We went to two of our friends hometown, that is Penang.


On the first day, I joined and met with my friends in Ipoh railway station since we decided to take train to Penang. Three of my friends took the train from Kampar railway station and as the train stopped in Ipoh, I joined them. In coincidence, I met my form six friend, Jessica Tan taking the same train as mine to Penang too.


Nearly 3 hours train, finally we reach our stop, Nibong Tebal. There we met our friend, Teik Siah, our tour guide for our trip. First thing first, we went to Tambun Inn Hotel to put our belonging and take a rest. After that, we had our first destination Batu Musang Complex Jetty to see the view of Penang first and second bridges. 


Then, we went to Auto-City to have our dinner and shop around there. Next destination was Sunway Carnival Mall. We shop until the mall close. Later, we thought of having our Penang most popular Char Kuey Teow as our supper but something happen along our journey that make our plan cancelled and back to our hotel as our night.


The second day, we woke up late for the day and had our brunch in Jawi. After our brunch, we straight went into Penang Island and start our journey touring around Penang Island. First stop, Batu Ferringhi. We had a short view on the beach area in Penang. Next stop, Gurney Plaza. We took most our time there walking around. 


Then, we went to Batu Kawan Stadium to drop my friends, Chee Poh, Mathew Tiong and CAT *mystery guy that cannot name him* for the demonstrate gathering while me followed Teik Siah to his house and his sister's house for the open house since I don't want to join for the demonstrate. *cut short the story for second day as we just wasted the day by traffic jamming for about three hours to fetch my friends from the stadium back to the hotel*


Three day, it is Mother's Day. Actually, we planned for three days two nights trip but we extended a day because we yet to satisfy ourselves in the trip as we have a place yet to go. Therefore, during the three day, we went back to Penang Island after our brunch to search for a very popular place that it is a must for tourists and visitors to visit when they come to Penang. It was the Streets Arts.

After taking photos with those streets arts, it is time for dinner. We went back to mainland and had my favorite "Lobak" (deep fried minced pork roll wrapped in beancurd sheet) as my dinner and a must eat when come to Penang. Then, we went to Teik Siah's grandma house to have Penang homemade steamboat. But on that time, we are quite full as we just had our dinner. Therefore, we just ate a bit and that the end of the day.


The next day, is time for us to back to our own hometown. Chee Poh and Mathew Tiong took bus back to Johor while me took train back to Ipoh as for CAT and Teik Siah are Penang lang (peple in hokkien). Special thanks to Teik Siah as our tour guide, took us tour around with your car and treat us so many foods and drinks in Penang. As for CAT, really nothing to say to him because asked him to plan the trip but end up to Teik Siah but I really enjoy the trip.

*The most wasted moment is we didn't take a group photos*  >.<"

No comments: